Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why I Don't Read DC #1

If you've read at least a handful of my strips by now, you've probably noticed I almost never touch on DC stuff. I find Batman and Green Arrow fundamentally interesting characters, and I try to keep up with them somewhat, but the universe as a whole turns me off almost entirely.

Luckily I have Mike - the aforementioned roommate - to keep me apprised of the important goings-on, whether I want to be or not. Needless to say, most of our conversations are of the "you'll never guess what they're doing now" variety. So much so that I'm pre-emptively calling this strip #1 of what will become the "Why I Don't Read DC" series, because that's how certain I am that there will be more of this.

Fair use notwithstanding, I suppose I should credit Shawn Davis and Jamie Grant, whose decent art from Green Lantern #55 I used in lieu of my own for the first panel. It's very important to me that, simplistic as the "drawing" style may be, the strips don't come across as lazy - but I meant it when I said that I just couldn't make that funnier. I guess that could be seen as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment