Thursday, July 22, 2010

Unfortunate Mutant Power Manifestations - Part I of V

In honor of Second Coming and the five new mutants - the "Five Lights" - whom we'll soon be meeting, this officially begins my first regular series of strips revolving around one topic. I still want to leave room to talk about other stuff as it comes up, so UMPM will be running every Thursday, while Tuesdays will remain devoted to...whatever else strikes me.

As a postscript to Second Coming and my earlier comments on it, I'm happy to say that I'm sufficiently impressed with Matt Fraction's work (which I'm choosing to credit almost completely with the success of Second Coming) and the new Heroic Age status quo that I'm going to start following Uncanny X-Men regularly again - for the first time in around 120 issues. They've made so much hay about this vampire business that I hadn't even realized there might be something else coming that keeps the Hope plot moving. My optimism is still of the cautious variety, and I may change my mind before too long, but for now I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment