Thursday, June 24, 2010

Age of Heroes #2

My roommate was a big fan of the original Young Avengers series, and was categorically opposed to their Dark Reign mini because it largely ignored them in favor of a new set of Young Avengers - now called, apparently, the Young Masters. I had no such compunctions, and I actually found some of the newbies pretty interesting, especially the superhero-as-modern-artist Coat of Arms.

Even if it doesn't seem to be leading into any new story in particular, I was glad for the two pages they got in Heroic Age: Age of Heroes: Heroes of the Heroic Age Heroically Aging #2: Age Harder. It suggests that Marvel's not done with the group just yet, and it's a nice refresher for those of us who didn't pay a huge amount of attention to them initially - I for one had forgotten all about this whole "Invisible Mansion" business.

I love that there's both an Infinite Mansion and an Invisible Mansion operating in this universe at the same time. They should get their own team-up book.

No comments:

Post a Comment