Thursday, December 16, 2010

Heroes For Hire #1

I almost had the strip end with the guy alone in the warehouse, but I couldn't get over the notion of Dr. Doom pulling the ol' shark-tank-in-an-abandoned-warehouse routine.

Aside from their Authority run, I've never really been overly into Abnett and Lanning's stuff. They seem to be pretty well regarded, but I could give two craps about Marvel's cosmic stuff on the whole, so I never really gave it my attention. Likewise, I have no particular interest in Falcon, Misty Knight (to the point that she made me less interested in Shadowland), Moon Knight (to the point that he makes me less interested in Secret Avengers), and Puppet Master - but I have to say that I really liked the first issue of HFH, and I think I just might keep with it for a bit. I can see this set-up leading to a good, long string of storylines, and I'm genuinely excited to see who'll show up.

And the Global Frequency vibe doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment