Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Charlie Sheen Theatre

As there's not really anything intelligent to add to this, I want to talk about something else for a minute.

Am I the only one who thinks it's really obvious that Age of X is the Matrix? Maybe not literally, but some form of collective brainwashing? The first thing that clued me in was Hellion's arms - if this is actually a drastically changed timeline of some sort, what are the odds that he'd just happen to have lost them here too? And then Kitty showed up in an anti-phasing suit. And then the thing with Scott seeing the same dog tag info on more than one person. Obviously there's a connection of some sort to 616's actual physical reality (otherwise Hellion's hands and Kitty's phasing wouldn't mean anything), but every single thing about this story screams artificial reality - Fortress X is all there is here; there's nothing outside of the Force Walls whatsoever. I'd even go so far as to posit that this is all the work of someone with positive intentions - trying to show the X-Men how much worse thins could be.

Usually I suck at anticipating things like this, so I'd just assumed that everyone else saw it until I read AICN's two-person review of the story so far, and their reviewers don't seem to have any idea yet. Am I missing something, or am I just that amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment