Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ultimate Captain America #1

Okay one caveat to Tuesday's comments regarding the Ultimate line: the solo Utimates miniseries have been awesome, and seem likely to stay that way. Captain America is only one issue in, but neither Jason Aaron nor Ron Garney have let me down in the past, so I'm excited to see more of Ultimate Nuke (and let me tell you, it's hard to say that with a straight face).

And Ultimate Thor? Jonathan Hickman? Forget about it. Even Carlos Pacheco's art is more engaging this time around when compared with his work on the first New Ultimates arc, so either Hickman's design influence is just that huge, or Millar really has lost something in my eyes.

In any event, here's hoping these don't stop with Thor and Cap - I'd suggest giving Warren Ellis Hank Pym if he wasn't already dead. Captain Marvel would be fun, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment