Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Batman and Robin #15

All actual lines from the issue.

I mentioned once before that I was a follower of Grant Morrison's X-run; that was back before I knew much about specific creators and their proclivities, but suffice it to day I stuck around from his first issue to his last. So while I'm not much of a DC expert, I do know a thing or two about Morrison. And just like New X-Men devolved into utter incomprehensibility, so seems to be the case now with his Bat titles.

But it's amazing how even at times like these, the man writes entertaining comics. I never have the slightest clue what Pyg is talking about - I'm sure it's referring to something, but it could be completely out of Morrison's ass for all I can tell. But he's still an interesting villain, if only in the sense of "here, let's have Batman deal with a guy who makes the Joker look rational." Speaking of which, Joker's interactions with Damian in particular have been great to read in the last few issues, and are probably what kept me from giving up on the title completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment