Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thor #613

Hey, two hell strips in two weeks.

I have mixed feelings about Thor at the moment. The Gillen run was great for a while, but this Disir storyline hasn't really been pulling me in - and bringing hell into it, which is starting to get kind of overdone as a fantasy setting for such a literal interpretation of what Christians actually believe, hasn't helped.

The Straczynski issues were strong all on their own, and I like Kieron Gillen on the whole, but I'm starting to think the only thing that kept me interested in Thor this long was its relevance to Siege. I was 90% ready to drop it until I started seeing bits and pieces from the upcoming Fraction/Ferry run. Between redeeming the X-books and being consistently awesome on Invincible Iron Man for a couple years now, Matt Fraction's got a lot of cred with me right now, and while I'd rather see Pasqual Ferry sticking with the Ender comics, the preview pages from #615 are nudging me toward, maybe not "excited", but at least "anxious". We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment