Thursday, May 13, 2010

Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine #1

This is Interrupted-Narration Week, apparently.

While I would never suggest that Jason Aaron plus Adam Kubert doesn't equal "yes please", I almost didn't check this one out - Spidey/Wolverine team-ups work best on a once-in-a-blue-moon basis, and sticking them both in the New Avengers was bad enough. But a whole new ongoing, just for them? Oy. Luckily I was a little hard up for material this week, and I decided to check it out purely for the sake of strip mining. (rim shot) And sure enough, as much as this thing has "Doesn't Need to Exist" written all over it, everything else that's written all over it is really freakin' cool. Though it is funny to see another "heroes in the stone age" story just as The Return of Bruce Wayne is kicking off. Especially after the easy comparison between Batman's stuck-in-time story and Captain America's.

Which reminds me - my first DC reference! Only took 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment