Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Mutants #12

Like a lot of people, the X-titles were what first got me into reading comics. I finally gave up on them after Grant Morrison lost his mind, and Chuck Austen...well, was allowed to touch them at all. I try to keep an eye on them, though, and Cable and Hope's adventures in the future over the last year or two were the first extended X-storyline in several years that I liked enough to really keep up with.

The downside to enjoying that arc, of course, is that now I feel compelled to read Second Coming, which brings Hope back into the main X-universe (I enjoy adding "X" to words), where things are as ridiculous as ever.

I had a shred of hope that Swierczynski might find an interesting hook to follow post-SC, but apparently #25 is the last issue of the Cable ongoing, so I guess I'll be back to an X-less universe soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment